Saturday, January 12, 2013

Go Lean +3

PLANNING-Planning meals ahead is very important otherwise you find yourself with a few hundred calories left for dinner; not many choices.  Luckily, I found a nice salmon filet while at the grocery store which equals to a dinner packed full of protein.   

TIME MANAGEMENT-Breaking up your cardio into increments burns the calories regardless, I was able to sneak in 70 minutes throughout the day to burn close to 700 kcals; not too shabby just a bit a more hungry now.

BREAKING THE HABIT-usually have a beer when I turn on the grill, no problem, grilled 2 lbs of chicken and a nice filet of Salmon (above).  Resisted temptations while out and about at STL convention center and when the kids had ice cream.   

I was also trying to come up with a good late night snack post workout that is low in carbs/sugars and high in protein.  It is not too bad but it is better tasting than just water and protein as well as lower in carbs with milk/protein.

12oz of Decaf Coffee
1 scoop of vanilla protein
1/4 of skim milk
Mix in blender and add ice

Vanilla Ice....Decaf Coffee!


No comments:

Post a Comment